British Orthopaedic Association celebrates centenary
The British Orthopaedic Association is celebrating its centenary this year with a congress themed around ‘Taking stock: Planning the future’.
Taking place from 25th to 28th September at the International Convention Centre in Birmingham, the BOA centenary congress promises an event dedicated to the growth and value of the BOA since 1918.
In addition to a programme focusing on specialist topics such as trauma, spines and The National Joint Registry, the congress will also host a series of focused educational sessions to cater for the needs of all medical students through to consultants.
In addition, there will be a number of awards given out at the BOA congress, including: the BOA Simulation Free Paper Prize, the BOA Clinical Leaders Poster Prize, the Best of the Best Award, BOA Young Investigator Award and the BOA Medical Student Paper Prize.
If you are interested in registering to attend the BOA Annual Conference 2018, just click here.
Other orthopaedic events this summer
If you are eager to attend other orthopaedic congresses and conferences before the BOA congress this September, then you might want to visit the following events over the next few months:
- · 45th European Calcified Tissue Society Congress – 26th to 29th May, Valencia, Spain
- · The European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics & Traumatology Annual Congress – 30th May to 1st June, Barcelona, Spain
- · The British Orthopaedic Oncology Society Meeting – Friday 8th June, Edinburgh
- · World Orthopaedic Concern (WOC) UK 5th Annual Conference – 10th June, Wigan
- · BESS 2018 Glasgow – the British Elbow and Shoulder Society conference, 20th to 22nd June
- · The 7th International Conference and Exhibition on Surgery – 21st to 23rd June, Dublin
- · British Association of Day Surgery (BADS) Annual Conference – 21st to 22nd June, Sheffield
- · 8th World Congress of Biomechanics – 8th to 12th July, Dublin
Equally, if you are interested in attending orthopaedic courses or lectures, a good place to start is the British Orthopaedic Association’s online events calendar.
From surgical approaches to the spine to cadaveric knee replacement courses, you will find a host of learning opportunities to suit ever interest and specialism.
You can also find information on other upcoming medical and surgical events by visiting our online blog at https://www.cairntechnology.com/blog/ or following our Linkedin Company page by clicking here.